published on in Wiki

Donal Lunny And Sinead Son Shane Lunny O Connor Missing Update: Tributes Flows As The Celebrity Kid

Who is Donal Lunny? This article covers everything we know about his missing son and now death.

Donal Lunny is an Irish folk musician and producer.

With over five decades of experience on the field, some people call him the man behind the popularising of the bouzouki in the Irish music sphere.

On 7 January 2022, Donal's 17-year-old son, who he shared with singer, Sinéad O'Connor, died.

My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God. May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace:

— Sinead The 1 And Only (@OhSineady) January 8, 2022

Who Is Donal Lunny? 

Dónal Lunny is an Irish folk musical artist with some stints in producing field.

He was born Frank and Mary Rogers on 10 March 1947 in Tullamore. Likewise, he grew up with three brothers and five sisters. When he was a five-year-old, his entire family moved to Newbridge, County Kildare.

There, Lunny went to Newbridge College and later transferred to Patrician Brothers' school for the Intermediate Certificate year in 1963. He formed a trio, Rakes of Kildare, with his older brothers, Frank and Christy Moore, while in his teenage years. The group played in pubs and has a history of performing several gigs, including one at Hugh Neeson's pub in 1966.

Two years later, he enrolled at Dublin's National College of Art & Design to get a certificate in Basic and Graphic Design. Similarly, he had a passion for metalwork. Reportedly, he was a skilled gold-and-silversmith who practiced the skills for a while.

26 hours after my son died in the so called care of the Irish State in the form of Tusla, I have yet to receive any contact from Tusla or their representatives. I was informed by Gardai of my son’s death and later I spoke with the GAL. No contact from Tusla is unacceptable.

While in Dublin, he performed with the band, The Parnell Folk. Mick Moloney, Sean Corcoran, Dan Maher, and Johnny Morrisey were the members. Moreover, he was part of many groups throughout his career, including Emmet Spiceland, Duo with Andy Irvine, Planxty, LAPD, and others.

As a producer, he debuted with a single for Skid Row. In 1975, he was behind Spud's album, A Silk Purse, and before Moving Hearts band exploded on the music scene, Donal was well into the field. His projects included Pumpkinhead, some albums for Christy Moore and Kate Bush, Bringing It All Back Home, and Jimmy MacCarthy's album entitled Hey-Ho Believe.  

Donal Lunny Son Missing - Is His Dead Body Found? Cause Of Death

Donal Lunny's son Shane O’Connor recently died on 7 January 2022.

As for the cause of death, it was suicide at the age of 17. His mother is Sinéad O'Connor, an Irish singer/songwriter. She is an Islam convert who changed her name to Shuhada' Davitt in 2018. She has married four times and had the same number of children.

pic.twitter.com/zBgw7KvZGC

She confirmed her son's passing on the 8th via Twitter, @OhSineady. The tribute came shortly after midnight as she wrote the very light of her life and lamp of her soul decided to end his earthly struggle. She added may he rest in peace and no one follows the example of her beloved child.

Dedicating Bob Marley's song, Ride natty ride, she shared a photo of her son. Reportedly, her representatives also validated the saddening news. She had been asking Shane to do the right thing and come forward to a nearby Garda station through her tweets.  

Gardai issued a missing person's alert on 6 January 2022 for Shane, and on Saturday, they put the appeal away as they recovered his dead body in Bray area, Wicklow, on Friday.

ncG1vNJzZmirmKTEo7XZnKarppWne6S7zGibqKaRoXqtwc2nsGarn6N6tLTAp5xmpKWju7p5zmaaqKaepL9uucisqqKml2LCsbDArZxmrKKer7bAxKxkn6SfrMBurdJmq6GdXZiyrbHBqw%3D%3D